PAGE DESIGN & LAYOUT • TYPESETTING • COVER DESIGN
MAPS • GRAPHICS • INDEXING • EBOOKS
ALL GENRES AND TOPICS
SPECIALIZING IN COMPLEX, SCHOLARLY, AND SCIENTIFIC PUBLICATIONS
I have been designing and making books, journals, posters, t-shirts, and other printed materials for almost two decades, but my obsession with books, text, and images is present in even my earliest memories.
No project is just another job—each one is important to me. (Especially yours.)
I create books, ebooks (ePub and Kindle), and journals:
- Page design, typesetting, layout
- Any genre or topic
- Most languages and scripts; extensive experience with Arabic script
- Maps, figures, illustrations, photos and all other graphics prepared for highest quality reproduction
- Draw, redraw, or retouch damaged or low quality graphics
- Cover and dust jacket design
- Fit seamlessly into editorial workflows
I listen, I provide options. I ask questions. I do not guess. I communicate with authors and editors throughout the process. If something looks like an error, I ask before changing it.
For more information, please use the contact form to send me a message.
I have over 20 years’ experience with digital design and imaging software. All work is done with the latest versions of:
- Adobe InDesign for book, ebook, and page layout
- Adobe Photoshop for image editing and creation
- Adobe Illustrator for creating vector images, maps, and infographics
I have used InDesign, the primary page layout software worldwide, since its creation in the late 90s, have created and edited graphics in nearly every version of Photoshop since 1994, and have been using Illustrator for well over a decade. Other applications are brought into the workflow as needed for specialized tasks, such as ebook coding.
Ebooks: Properly formatted ebooks are not copies of print books. Because I understand how they work and can read the underlying code, I always inspect and edit the code directly to ensure perfect appearance and function on all platforms.
I frequently oversee the manufacturing process for my clients:
- I provide printers and manufacturers with files exactly matching their specifications
- I understand the software, file formats, and printing and binding processes, so I can communicate directly and respond quickly if questions or issues arise
- If there is a problem, I fix it.